“Booking” – The written request of the Customer for the provision of services including the Function, which The Abbey agrees to provide subject to these terms and conditions.
“Contract” – The contract between the Customer and The Abbey which is agreed pursuant to these terms and conditions.
“Customer” – The persons, firm or other body contracting with The Abbey for the provision of services connected with a Function.
“Deposit” – A non-returnable non-refundable deposit of €500 inclusive of VAT payable at the time that the Customer makes a Booking.
“Function” – The event and services in respect of which the Customer has made a Booking with The Abbey
“The Abbey” – Hemstil Limited trading as The Abbey and its employees, agents and representatives..
“VAT” – Value Added Tax or any equivalent tax payable by the laws of Ireland at the date of the Function.
“Venue” – The venue and premises managed by The Abbey at which the Function will take place in accordance with these terms and conditions.
“Venue Hire Fee” – The fee payable by the Customer for use by of the Venue during the Function.
“Venue Manager” – The employee of The Abbey to whom responsibility has been delegated to liaise with the Customer and preparing the Venue for the Function.
Bookings and Deposit
- The Customer shall confirm their Booking by completing and returning the booking form together with the Deposit, payable by EFT or bank draft.
- A Contract is only made between The Abbey and the Customer after The Abbey has received the booking form and payment of the Deposit.
Deposits and Payments
- The Customer shall pay the fees relating to the Booking and Function on the following terms:
3.1. The Deposit is paid to reserve the selected date. There is a 7-day cooling off period whereby the Customer may get a full refund of the Deposit, if the Customer requests the refund within 7 days of the Deposit being paid.
3.2 The remaining Venue Hire Fee is due and payable by the Customer 14 days after the Deposit was paid by the Customer.
3.3. 8 months before the Wedding 40% of The Abbey’s invoice for the Function is payable .
3.4. 4 Months Before the Function an additional 30% of The Abbey’s invoice for the Function is payable
3.5 Two weeks before the remaining balance must be paid in full (including but not limited to any agreed additions and based on the guaranteed final numbers of guests notified to The Abbey in accordance with these terms and conditions together with any agreed adjustments to the pricing of food and drinks packages),.
3.6. A credit card pre-authorization deposit is to be retained, before the function date, for any damage which might occur during the function.
3.7. All charges payable by the Customer shall include VAT at the applicable rate on the day of the Function.
Cancellation by the Customer
- In the event that the Customer cancels the Booking or Function (or, subject to clause 8 below, changes or variations by the Customer’s for a Booking or Function, which results in a material reduction of the value of the Booking) then the following charges will apply upon the Customer notifying The Abbey of the cancellation, change or variation:
4.1. For cancellations, changes or variations (other than a transfer of date which is dealt with at clauses 8 – 14 (inclusive) below) made at any time up to or on the date of the Function the Customer shall be deemed to have forfeited the Venue Hire fee.
4.2. For cancellations, changes or variations (other than a transfer of date dealt with at clauses 8 – 14 (inclusive) below) made 8 to 4 calendar months before the function 50% of The Abbey’s invoice for the Food & Drinks for the Function shell be refundable.
4.3. For cancellations, changes or variations (other than a transfer of date dealt with at clauses 8 – 14 (inclusive) below) made 4 to 2 calendar months before the function 25% of The Abbey’s invoice for the Food & Drinks for the Function shell be refundable.
4.4. For cancellations, changes or variations (other than a transfer of date dealt with at clauses 8 – 14 (inclusive) below) made fewer than 2 calendar months before the date of the Function the Customer shall not receive any refund
- The Customer should obtain suitable insurance cover against the costs associated with the necessity of cancelling, changing or varying the Booking.
Transfer of date of Function by the Customer
- In the event that the Customer wishes to change the date of the Function (as specified in the Booking) to a new date, then clauses 8 – 14 (inclusive) shall apply.
- All requests for the transfer of the date of the Function must be notified in writing to The Abbey in accordance with these terms and conditions and are subject to availability. The Customer must include in the request, particulars of: the original confirmed date of the Function (as specified in the Booking) that the Customer wishes to transfer and release; and the proposed new date of the Function that the Customer wishes to book.
- A request by the Customer to transfer the date of the Function will only be accepted and effective after The Abbey has confirmed to the Customer in writing that:
11.1. it has received the Customer’s request (as required by these terms and conditions) to transfer the date of the Function
and the Customer has complied with their obligations in respect of the new booking forms and payments to The Abbey, set out in clauses 12 to 18 (inclusive) below.
- Following confirmation by The Abbey of the new date of the Function, The Abbey will send the Customer a new booking form for the new date of the Function and a transfer fee may apply. The Customer shall: –
12.1. Once the customer completes the booking form and pays the transfer fee the new date will be validated. complete and return the new booking form to The Abbey within 5 days of receipt, by post or e-mail.
12.2. The Abbey has the right to reject or cancel any subsequent transfers or bookings.
- If any payment and/or the completed new booking form are not received by The Abbey within 5 days as set out in clause 12.1, The Abbey reserves the right to cancel the Booking and Function without further notice to the Customer.
- The Abbey’s then prevailing terms and conditions apply to all Bookings and Functions. The new date of the Function will be booked under The Abbey’s then prevailing terms and conditions and will supersede any previous terms and conditions of The Abbey.
If the request by the Customer to transfer the date of the original Function is received by The Abbey 6 months or less before the date of the original Function (as specified in the original Booking). Such a request to transfer the date of the original Function will not be accepted by The Abbey and the provisions of clause 4 shall apply.
Confidentiality/Privacy and Data Protection
The Confidentiality and privacy of both parties is of utmost importance. We respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Act (GDPR). This Act specifies that certain clauses be included in all contracts. Both parties agree to:
- Only use, copy or replicate Confidential Information for the purposes of this Contract;
- Keep budgets, agreements and other documentation confidential before, during and following the Function; and
- Not share, publish, disseminate or permit Confidential Information to be disclosed to any third party for any reason.
For the purposes of this clause ‘Confidential Information’ shall mean information or data (however recorded, preserved or disclosed) disclosed or created by a party, its employees or contractors whether in writing, orally or by any other means including photographs or video footage of the Venue to another party, its employees or contractors in connection with this Contract.
All Confidential Information shall remain the property of the disclosing party. Each party reserves all rights in relation to its Confidential Information. No rights, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, in respect of a party’s Confidential Information are granted to the other party and no obligations are imposed on the disclosing party other than those expressly stated in this Contract.
Cancellation by The Abbey
- The Abbey may be prevented from carrying out its obligations under these terms and conditions in relation to a Booking and or Function due to force majeure circumstances beyond The Abbey’s reasonable control (including but not limited to COVID-19 restrictions, government intervention, strikes, labour disputes, accidents, acts of God, national or local disasters, war, damage to the Venue, loss of services (such as electricity, gas or sewage) weather, fire or failure of sub-contractors or suppliers), in which case The Abbey shall notify the Customer in writing of, and the reasons for, such cancellation.
- If The Abbey is prevented from carrying out its obligations as described in clause 18 above, then The Abbey’s liability to the Customer shall be limited to the amounts already paid by the Customer to The Abbey at the time of the cancellation.
- The Abbey shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to any property, equipment stock, vehicles or possessions brought to the Venue by the Customer or the Customer’s guests, employees, contractors, agents or suppliers, or hired by The Abbey on the Customer’s behalf.
- The Customer acknowledges and accepts that any property or possessions referred to in clause 20 above will remain under the control and care of the Customer before, during and after the Function and that the Customer is in the best position to insure such property against theft or damage and accordingly it is reasonable for The Abbey to exclude liability for such property to the extent referred to above.
Confirmation of Function Details
- Confirmation of all details relating to the Function shall be made by the Customer to The Abbey no later than two weeks prior to the date of the Function.
- A week before the Function, the Customer shall notify the Venue Manager of:
24.1. guaranteed final numbers of guests attending the Function; and
24.2. any special dietary requirements for any of the Customer’s guests at the Function (please note that The Abbey will rely on the information provided by the Customer and/or the guests with regard to dietary requirements and prepare specific meals for those guests and as such, no alternative dish or meals apart from those specifically prepared for such guests will be available during the Function).
- For the avoidance of doubt, when guest numbers have been confirmed in accordance with clause 24 then such numbers shall be the minimum basis for charging the Customer even if fewer guests attend the Function than the number previously confirmed to the Abbey.
Supply of Additional Goods and Services
- The Customer shall pay The Abbey’s charges for any additional goods and services provided by The Abbey at the request of the Customer or any person purporting to act on behalf of the Customer and having ostensible authority to do so unless covered by other provisions of this Contract.
- Any special requests, incentives, discounts or other indulgences shall only be binding on The Abbey if agreed and confirmed in writing by The Abbey to the Customer.
- No food, wine, beer or spirits may be brought into the Venue by the Customer or the Customer’s guests, for consumption on the premises, unless the prior written consent of The Abbey has been obtained and any additional charges have been agreed upon between the Customer and The Abbey and paid by the Customer.
Damage to Persons or Property
- The Customer shall take (and shall procure that its guests, employees, agents, service providers and contractors shall take) every precaution not to injure any person or damage the Venue or any property of The Abbey or any third party connected with The Abbey.
- The Customer agrees to fully indemnify The Abbey from and against all claims or demands by third parties (including but not limited to the employees, sub-contractors and guests of the Customer), at law or in equity in connection with the Function.
- The Customer will ensure that nothing is affixed to the floors, walls, windows, ceilings or columns of the Venue, or any other part of the Venue, by nails, screws, tape, drawing pins or other means, or suspended from the roofs or ceilings thereof unless previously agreed to in writing by The Abbey.
Timing of the Function
- The Customer shall commence the Function promptly at the time agreed with The Abbey and shall ensure that after the Function, the Customer and all guests shall have vacated the Venue no later than the time specified by The Abbey under the terms of the Booking confirmation.
- If a meal is provided by The Abbey or The Abbey’s approved caterer as part of the Function, the Customer shall ensure that those attending the Function are ready to be served their food at the time agreed between the Customer and the Venue Manager and that unless otherwise agreed in writing, the meal is completed within a period of two hours.
- The Customer shall ensure that the Venue is cleared of all materials and equipment brought into the Venue by the Customer, its guests or their employees, agents or contractors, by the time the Function has ended (or such other period as may be previously agreed in writing by the Venue Manager). If the Customer breaches its obligations under this provision, Customer shall pay an additional charge to The Abbey for the excess period that the materials or equipment are located at the Venue.
Conduct of the Function in an Orderly Manner
- The Customer will, when requested by The Abbey, provide full details of the nature of, and agenda for the Function, the names of the guests and third parties and any other information required by The Abbey from time to time.
- All electrical and audio-visual equipment must comply with the IEE Regulations and Safety Standards current at the time of the Function.
- All performers engaged by the Customer to perform at the Venue must be in possession of public liability insurance to the value of €2,000,000. The Venue Manager shall have total authority to instruct live acts to operate, or cease to operate, as he or she sees fit within the Function requirements. The use of pyrotechnics, smoke and dry ice must be approved in writing before the Function by the Venue Manager.
- The Customer shall indemnify The Abbey, in respect of any and all claims asserted against The Abbey, by the Customer’s guests, or otherwise in connection with a breach of this provision by Customer.
- Function entertainment (including but not limited to all bands and DJs) must cease at the same time that the bar closes.
- The Customer shall ensure that the Function will not be conducted and that its guests will not behave in a way which will, or may, constitute a breach of the laws of Ireland or cause a nuisance or be an infringement of, or occasion for, or render possible forfeiture or endorsement or non-renewal of licences for the Venue or conflict with The Abbey’s fire certificates.
- While the Function is likely to be an occasion for celebration, The Abbey operates a policy of zero tolerance towards (without limitation) the possession and/or use of illegal drugs, illegal gaming or betting, violence and drunken, abusive or threatening behaviour. In the event that the Venue Manager or and The Abbey employees or agents discover or experience any such behaviour, The Abbey reserves the right to take such action as The Abbey considers (in its sole discretion) necessary to ensure the safety of its personnel, including but not limited to any of the following:
43.1. stopping the sale of alcohol;
43.2. closing the Function bar early;
43.3. ending the Function early;
43.4. contacting an Gardaí Siochana; and/or
43.5. pursuing the individuals concerned in the civil courts.
and the Customer shall indemnify The Abbey and hold The Abbey harmless in the event that any such action becomes necessary.
Right of Admission Reserved
- The Abbey reserves the right to exclude or eject any persons from the Venue who it shall reasonably consider to be objectionable (including any person engaged by the Customer to provide production, entertainment or to perform any other duties at the Function). The Customer will be liable for any claims, losses or damages arising thereby except where the Customer establishes negligence or bad faith by The Abbey.
- During the Function, if security is required and will be arranged by The Abbey on behalf of the Customer and is chargeable to the Customer. The Customer agrees to indemnify The Abbey against any claims by third parties and or losses or damages arising in connection with the arrangement of security by The Abbey.
- Should the nature of the Function be deemed by The Abbey (at its absolute discretion) to require additional security; this shall be chargeable over and above the normal services provided by The Abbey.
- The Customer acknowledges, for itself and on behalf of its guests, employees, contractors, agents and suppliers that all property, including but not limited to, vehicles, equipment and personal possessions, is left at the Venue at the owner’s own risk and The Abbey shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to such property.
Health and Safety
- All proposed structures or other arrangements in connection with the Function must comply with health, safety, fire and other applicable legislation and regulations. The Customer shall obtain and maintain adequate insurance against any damage to the Venue and/or The Abbey’s property and also for third party risks. The Customer shall produce details of such insurance upon request.
- At least 2 weeks prior to the date of the Function, the Customer shall provide all relevant information relating to construction plans for the Function to The Abbey’s Venue Manager who will review and approve the same subject to any recommendations or exceptions the officer may make, to which the Customer shall be bound.
- Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited indoors and at the entrance areas of the Venue. The Venue Manager shall notify the Customer of the location of any designated smoking area
- Where a Customer books overnight guest accommodation, the terms and conditions relating to the booking and use of such accommodation shall apply and shall be read in conjunction with and incorporated into the Contract.
- The Abbey may at any time assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Contract and may sub-contract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Contract to any third party or agent.
- The Customer shall not, without the prior written consent of The Abbey, assign, transfer, mortgage charge or sub-contract or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under the Contract.
- Any notice or other communication given to a party under or in connection with the Booking, the Function and these terms and conditions shall be sent to that party at the email address of the Venue Manager (in the case of The Abbey) or the Customer at the email address provided to The Abbey on the booking form.
- Where the Customer is made up of more than one person or entity, those persons or entities constituting the Customer shall be jointly and severally liable under the Contract.
- Except as set out in these terms and conditions, no variation of the Contract including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions, shall be effective unless it is agreed in writing and signed by The Abbey.
- The Contract between the Customer and The Abbey and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation including with reference to these terms and conditions and any non-contractual disputes or claims, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.